Verbal Expressions for Haxe

Mark Knol

Jan 5, 2016, 5:33:48 PM1/5/16
to Haxe

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Jan 5, 2016, 5:47:59 PM1/5/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Wow Mark, very nice! I didn't even know about the original lib, so bonus points for letting us know about it, as well :)

Franco Ponticelli

Jan 5, 2016, 5:49:46 PM1/5/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I thought of porting the library myself, but I am really glad you did it first ;)

Great work!

Phillip Chertok

Jan 6, 2016, 12:07:49 AM1/6/16
to Haxe
Great library! Thanks!

Philippe Elsass

Jan 6, 2016, 6:41:38 AM1/6/16
to Haxe
Although I love regexes, it's looking very useful :)

Get it listed in the ports of the original JS lib!

Philippe

Simon Krajewski

Jan 6, 2016, 8:11:42 AM1/6/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 05.01.2016 um 23:33 schrieb Mark Knol:

This is quite interesting, but also quite Javascripty. I wanted to see how we can make it more Haxey and came up with this: https://gist.github.com/Simn/01748a98af07128ee166

What puts me off of these regex helpers in general is that it's awkward to deal with backreferences when replacing strings.

Simon

Philippe Elsass

Jan 6, 2016, 10:15:47 AM1/6/16
to Haxe
Oooh the macro approach is clever - I love the javascripty chained syntax though.

Philippe

Mark Knol

Jan 7, 2016, 11:36:54 AM1/7/16
to Haxe
Hey Simon, that macro approach is great! Also looks very small in terms of amount of code. Ill look in how to add this too.

In the meanwhile the lib is transferred to the official directory and listed :D

Philippe Elsass

Jan 7, 2016, 12:13:52 PM1/7/16
to Haxe
Ideally you should mix the chained syntax and the macro magic ;)

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Mark Knol <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Simon, that macro approach is great! Also looks very small in terms of amount of code. Ill look in how to add this too.

In the meanwhile the lib is transferred to the official directory and listed :D

Philippe

Mark Knol

Jan 7, 2016, 12:19:54 PM1/7/16
to Haxe
Yes! I like how Simon setup his gist, that could maybe work for everything, I hope.