Prezi viewer written mostly in Haxe released to production

Peter Sipos

Jul 2, 2014, 4:01:18 AM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Cambiata

Jul 2, 2014, 5:10:25 AM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Astonishing work!
Very interesting with the Shumway(http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/) approach..!

Philippe Elsass

Jul 2, 2014, 7:06:41 AM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic article, and effectively the HTML5 player seems really smooth, even in IE
- of the bunch of presentation I tried I only found one case were Flash was a lot smoother: http://prezi.com/daozghnju2qm/kognitio-what-we-do/

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Cambiata <jona...@gmail.com> wrote:
Astonishing work!
Very interesting with the Shumway(http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/) approach..!

Philippe

Philippe Elsass

Jul 2, 2014, 7:12:31 AM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Some parts are smooth, some are very slow (Chrome and IE Win)
--
Philippe

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Jul 2, 2014, 2:24:38 PM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Love the article. It was both highly entertaining and informative (and now I sound like a WordPress spam bot)

On Jul 2, 2014 1:01 AM, "Peter Sipos" <peter...@prezi.com> wrote:
https://medium.com/prezi-engineering/56e0ca57d135

Peter Sipos

Jul 2, 2014, 2:31:03 PM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thx, yes, this is a challenging one: the whole Prezi is a single SWF...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

Peter Sipos
Developer at Prezi

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Jul 2, 2014, 3:53:41 PM7/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've finally got to check it out (laptop rather than phone) and sadly I'm getting some pretty bad performance on the HTML viewer. I do know that my Chrome (Windows) is throttling things quite a lot because I've got way too much open, but it also does this to Flash always. Interestingly fullscreen on HTML doesn't seem to make it much better, where as with Flash it seems to be giving me more juice.

Anyway, it really is amazing work, as a whole and in optimization. I really do miss the days of Flash. I hope that in the near future you're able to do even more with it, and are able to use other optimizations (WebGL) to incorporate even more speed.

Really good luck with it and it's an amazing effort!

Regards,

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)

Justin Donaldson

Jul 2, 2014, 9:26:17 PM7/2/14
to Haxe
This is a great article, and you guys have a really impressive team/tech.

Is there another article that goes into where the multiplatform approach fell short?  That would be really interesting to me.

Best,
-Justin