problems building cslibgen, important for unmaintained hugs... (haxe, unity + mono)

S.A. Asselbergs

Jun 16, 2016, 7:52:42 AM6/16/16
to Haxe

Hello fellow Haxers,

I am trying to build cslibgen, which is also used to generate the code by the unmaintained project Hugs. The problem is it cannot find the right Mono.Cecil.dll. I have installed both Mono and .NET on my Windows10 with Visual Studio 2015 community edition, and also Xamarin Studio. Neither of them seem able to find Mono.cecil.dll. If I just throw any Mono.Cecil.dll version at it it wont work.

How do I solve this issue?

Greetings,
Simon

I am busy making a scripting mod for a game which uses an C# scripting engine. While I am trying to learn haxe cs I am documenting the steps I take with the compilation, trying to get references to work understanding the translation of namespaces etc by haxe/hxcs and all these steps a typical newbe has to go through without much documentation.

I have been using haxe and MTASC since earliest versions were published. I have been using those for actionscript. That's why I feel it is important for me to contribute back. I am now more interested in C#, mono and Unity, as i dont see any future for a while of anything flash related. I want to document the undocumented C# target, try fix cslibgen if it's broken (if it is) and then like to fix and maintain Hugs.
So any help will help me to contribute back to the community.