Dlean Jeans

Oct 16, 2015, 11:26:48 AM10/16/15
to Haxe
I'm planning to make an SVG editor for mainly Android and also Windows in openfl. The app will have a code editor, SVG preview and some other utilities like calculator...
But the problem is that the svg format is not fully supported. For example: text is not shown, rotation is not supported, gradient color is not shown either...
The solution could be using a browser instead. But I can't find any browser in Haxe. I could somehow open a installed browser inside the app like the Facebook apps:

Any solution?

Confidant

Oct 16, 2015, 12:43:38 PM10/16/15
to Haxe
I assume you're talking about the SVG library on haxelib. Did you have a look at using the Snap.svg externs? There's also an SVG backend for OpenFL but I wonder how easy it would be to make an editor out of that.

JLM

Oct 16, 2015, 6:25:47 PM10/16/15
to Haxe

Cambiata

Oct 16, 2015, 11:34:39 PM10/16/15
to Haxe
Take a look at Yaroslav's comment in this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/haxelang/j7laR2gsuao/MCbzwMeidhoJ
I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure that this is the best way to go for a more complete svg solution.

Dlean Jeans

Oct 17, 2015, 12:43:41 AM10/17/15
to Haxe
I'll give them a try and tell you guys which is the best for my app