"Class not found" for every libraries

Jimmy Delas

Oct 29, 2013, 10:42:35 PM10/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm stuck for a few days with a bug. I'm using haXe almost every day for more than a year and suddenly, I can't compile any library anymore. I tried to uninstall and install again haxe and it stills doesn't work.

Every import are "missing". I can't import any class from nme using -lib openfl for instance. I have to use -cp "path_to_openfl" instead. The most weird fact is that I can link only templo library and if I try to edit the content of .current or rename the version of libraries folder I try to use. Haxe will throw me an error, so I know that it is linking the library but it never manages to find the classes in it.

I actually don't know where to look.

I'm working on Windows using haxe 3.0.1 (I tried haxe 3.0.0) and haxelib 3.0.0.

Thanks ;)

Jason O'Neil

Oct 29, 2013, 10:54:29 PM10/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jimmy

First of all, can you try "haxelib selfupdate" (and then "haxe update.hxml") to see if a newer version makes a difference?

Then, could you show us the output of "haxelib list openfl" and "haxelib path openfl" (or for other libraries you are having problems with).  That may help diagnose the error...

Jason

Jimmy Delas

Oct 29, 2013, 11:12:10 PM10/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

I have updated haxelib as you said and unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem.

So here are the output of the commands you asked for:

>haxelib list openfl
openfl: [1.0.6]
openfl-compatibility: [1.0.1]
openfl-html5: [1.0.5]
openfl-native: [1.0.8]
openfl-samples: [1.0.0]
openfl-tools: [1.0.10]
>haxelib path openfl
C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\openfl/1,0,6
-D openfl

Thanks for the quick answer

Jimmy Delas

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

Jason O'Neil

Oct 29, 2013, 11:15:23 PM10/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hmm very strange.

Nothing looks too out of the ordinary.  If you compile with "haxe -v mybuild.hxml", you should get a verbose listing of all your classpaths and defines.

Given that it works when you do "-cp path/to/openfl", could you compare the output/classpaths from using "-cp" and "-lib" to see if there is any key difference?

Otherwise I'm out of ideas... but I don't use Haxe on Windows so maybe I'm missing something.  Hopefully someone else can chip in :)

Jimmy Delas

Oct 29, 2013, 11:29:10 PM10/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Since the command is a bit weird with nme stuff. I show you another library instead

>haxelib list beluga
beluga: 0.1 [0.1.0]
>haxelib path beluga
C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\beluga/0,1,0/
-D beluga

Classpath : C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\beluga/0,1,0/;src/;C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/extraLibs/;;C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/php/_std/;C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/
Defines : true;sys;php;haxe_ver;haxe_release;haxe3;dce;beluga
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/StdTypes.hx
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/String.hx
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/Array.hx
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/EnumTools.hx
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/php/_std/Std.hx
Parsed C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/php/Boot.hx
Parsed src/Main.hx
src/Main.hx:3: characters 7-25 : Class not found : beluga.core.Beluga

It doesn't display here but Classpath starts with a weird "FF" character. Can it be the cause ?

Thanks

Jimmy Delas

Jimmy Delas

Nov 3, 2013, 2:19:06 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm still stuck if someone can help. I tried to remove every registry keys and reinstall haxe entirely but it still doesn't work.

I hope this screenshot can help you
Thanks,

Juraj Kirchheim

Nov 3, 2013, 4:36:18 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you rebuilt haxelib? What version does just runnning haxelib prompt you?

Jimmy Delas

Nov 3, 2013, 4:48:58 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm using haxe installer and haxelib is part of it.
Haxelib is running under 3.0.0.

Jimmy Delas

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

Juraj Kirchheim

Nov 3, 2013, 5:31:53 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The current version is 3.1.0-rc.3. Unfortunately it wasn't bundled with the recent installer. You will need to run haxelib selfupdate and then haxe update.hxml to get a current version.

Regards,
Juraj

Jimmy Delas

Nov 3, 2013, 5:42:07 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Haxelib selfupdate says that it is already up to date and even if I run haxe update.hxml, it remains under version 3.0.0

It has been working perfectly under haxelib 3.0.0 and suddenly nothing is compiling again. I ran out of virtual memory at some point during the compilation of one project before the bug had happenned. So maybe there are some unchecked memory allocation that broke something ?

Jimmy Delas

Jimmy Delas

Nov 7, 2013, 10:39:50 AM11/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The problem is extremely weird and I think it is a Haxe compiler issue.

I'm using Windows and I wanted to add some routine stuff (like "doskey" commands) to my shell.

So I've add my custom routine file like that

reg add "hkcu\software\microsoft\command processor" /v Autorun /t reg_sz /d c:\bin\autorun.cmd

This is actually breaking the Haxe compiler.

Here is the autorun.cmd content :

@echo off
cls
doskey /macrofile=c:\bin\cmd_alias.txt