js.html.webgl.Buffer problem

Peter Stefcek

Mar 7, 2013, 7:47:50 AM3/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi there guys I am migrating my webgl benchmarks to haxe 3 and I am almost done but can't get over one thing all the previous WebGLBuffer instances are now js.html.webgl.Buffer instances but there doesn't seem to be any properties on those instances. I am getting

js.html.webgl.Buffer has no field itemSize
js.html.webgl.Buffer has no field numItems

type of errors all over the place. Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks.

Bruno Garcia

Mar 7, 2013, 3:02:57 PM3/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 04:47:50 -0800 (PST)
Peter Stefcek <psh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there guys I am migrating my webgl benchmarks to haxe 3 and I am
> almost done but can't get over one thing all the previous WebGLBuffer
> instances are now js.html.webgl.Buffer instances but there doesn't
> seem to be any properties on those instances.

According to the spec, WebGLBuffer has no properties:
https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/1.0/#5.4

Bruno

Peter Stefcek

Mar 7, 2013, 3:54:42 PM3/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, b...@aduros.com
I've been using WebGLBuffer in haXe in my previous benchmark till now and it did have the aforementioned properties. Granted I am not that familiar with JS so maybe I am missing something.

Same with webgl.RenderingContext and getShaderParameter method now it has no arguments whereas before you could extract parameters from specific shader using that method. I am rather confused.

Peter

Bruno Garcia

Mar 7, 2013, 6:52:06 PM3/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On 03/07/2013 12:54 PM, Peter Stefcek wrote:
> I've been using WebGLBuffer in haXe in my previous benchmark till now
> and it did have the aforementioned properties. Granted I am not that
> familiar with JS so maybe I am missing something.

The only thing I could find when searching for itemSize and numItems is
some sample code that manually created those properties on a WebGLBuffer
instance. I don't think they're actually available.

> Same with webgl.RenderingContext and getShaderParameter method now it
> has no arguments whereas before you could extract parameters from
> specific shader using that method. I am rather confused.

This one is definitely a bug. I'll take a look at it :) Please keep
reporting anything that doesn't line up with the WebGL 1.0 spec.

Bruno

Peter Stefcek

Mar 7, 2013, 7:05:23 PM3/7/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, b...@aduros.com
Thanks got it working and you were right I was using extended WebGLBuffer so my bad.

Looking forward to the fixed getShaderParameter.

Peter

Bruno Garcia

Apr 8, 2013, 2:06:15 AM4/8/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, psh...@gmail.com
On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:05:23 -0800 (PST)
Peter Stefcek <psh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking forward to the fixed getShaderParameter.

Fixed on latest svn!

Bruno