NME: Dynamic sound generation example for flash/neko/cpp on Haxeable

Cambiata

Nov 22, 2012, 10:26:09 AM11/22/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
If anyone's interested, here's an example showing how to dynamically generate sound on flash, neko and cpp targets.
http://haxeable.com/2012/dynamic-sound-generation-in-nme-nekocppflash-targets/

Doesn't work on html5 unfortunately - no solution there in sight, I guess..?
No idea about mobile targets. Anyone with experiences on this?

Regards / Jonas

tom rhodes

Nov 22, 2012, 10:33:04 AM11/22/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
nice

Nick Holder

Nov 23, 2012, 4:23:57 AM11/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
That's great!

whitetigle

Nov 23, 2012, 4:38:52 AM11/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Bravo !

ThinkSlow -
cross-platform gaming experiments

( who ? why ? what ? ) -> http://thinkslow.net
( how ? when ? ) -> http://blog.thinkslow.net

Cambiata

Nov 23, 2012, 6:15:13 AM11/23/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
The field is open for cpp wizards to integrate fancy dsp libraries into this flow! :-)

James Hofmann

Nov 24, 2012, 9:49:51 AM11/24/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I was inspired by this demo to make another stab at getting the Triad synth demo ( http://www.ludamix.com/apps/triad-synth/index.html ) to run in cpp target. I periodically test the triad demos in other targets to ensure I'm not drifting too far away from portability, but I've never succeeded in making the synth code run on any target but Flash.

This time, after maintaining/fixing some stuff not directly related to the sound generation(some Flash API usage, mixed Bytearray/Bytes loader code)  Haxe 2.10 compiler succeeded, and then I got this MSVC message:

./src/com/ludamix/triad/audio/SFZ.cpp(3032) : fatal error C1061: compiler limit : blocks nested too deeply

(The original SFZ.hx is switching here on a giant Enum for all the opcodes defined in the SFZ format.)

I'm not planning to try resolving this right now, just a little "update" on how this code behaves in hxcpp.

Cambiata

Nov 24, 2012, 10:33:47 AM11/24/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear that you are working on this, James!
Hope that you get this issue sorted out..!

Joshua Granick

Nov 25, 2012, 2:02:24 PM11/25/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I believe the support is currently based in SDL, which is used on BlackBerry and webOS on mobile, in addition to the NME desktop targets.

I forget if there is support in Android Java or iOS Objective-C