Class issues

Atriam

Sep 20, 2013, 6:58:36 AM9/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have been troubleshooting for hours to get flixel to work need help! I am eager to get developing soon!

I have xcode, Haxe 3, openfl, and HaxeFlixel, installed on my Lion Mac following the instructions on the website.

None of the demos work, they all run into various class problems. For instance my FlxG class doesn't seem to carry
any of the fields that are used in the demos (FlxG.keyboard for example). Many other classes seem broken.
I had prepend 'org.' to the import list which bypassed some errors, but sometimes it can't even find the org.flixel.* classes.
Other times it can, which is strange in itself.

I have made sure Im using the latest version of Flixel (2.0.0-alpha.3, yes?).
The demos say they are in flixel 2.2.x but I assume this is the non-haxe version of flixel.

I have been running these with 'openfl test neko'

Where could the problem be?
Thanks in advance.

also– I seem to get a forbidden error trying to post on the forums.

Chris D

Sep 20, 2013, 10:50:06 AM9/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello Atriam, please make sure you are using the correct release for the demos https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel-demos/releases/tag/flixel-2.0.0-alpha.3
The dev version of HaxeFlixel has some big changes in the api, for the better ;)

Atriam

Sep 20, 2013, 11:43:35 AM9/20/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I did have the lastest dev version but something along the line was messed up with downloading different versions of things.
I ended up removing all flixel files from haxelib and re installing, it works now!
Thanks!