Problems rebuilding lime on macOS

Renaud Bardet

May 11, 2014, 8:38:53 AM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I had trouble with lime/openfl and I saw a common workaround is to use the nightlies,
so I gitified everything I could and tried rebuilding but have the following issue when calling
lime rebuild

g++ -I../include -Iinclude -Isrc/openal -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-state/git/include/SDL2 -DSDL_OGL -DNME_MIXER -DNME_SDL2 -DNME_CURL_SSL -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-state/git/include -D_7ZIP_ST -c -fvisibility=hidden -stdlib=libstdc++ -O2 -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/git/include -DHX_MACOS -m32 -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-value -Wno-format-extra-args -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=0 -x objective-c ./src/mac/MacBoot.m -oobj/darwin/863e6973_MacBoot.o
g++ -I../include -Iinclude -Isrc/openal -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-state/git/include/SDL2 -DSDL_OGL -DNME_MIXER -DNME_SDL2 -DNME_CURL_SSL -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-state/git/include -D_7ZIP_ST -c -fvisibility=hidden -stdlib=libstdc++ -O2 -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/git/include -DHX_MACOS -m32 -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-value -Wno-format-extra-args -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=0 -x c++ -frtti ./src/mac/NSFont.cpp -oobj/darwin/863e6973_NSFont.o
Error: clang: error: no such file or directory: './src/mac/MacBoot.m'
clang: error: no input files
Error: clang: error: no such file or directory: './src/mac/NSFont.cpp'
clang: error: no input files

It seems to me there is a path error somewhere in the build script, but can't make sense of a makefile so I'm stuck.
I'm on macOS 10.9.2 64bit with the latest haxe release and the following libs
haxelib list openfl
openfl-compatibility: [1.0.1]
openfl-html5-dom: 1.1.0 [1.2.0]
openfl-html5: [1.0.5]
openfl-native: 1.1.0 1.1.2 1.2.2 git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl-native/git]
openfl-samples: 1.1.0 [1.2.1]
openfl-tools: [1.0.10]
openfl: 1.0.6 1.1.0 1.2.2 1.4.0 git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/git]

haxelib  list lime
lime-build: git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime-build/git]
lime-tools: 1.4.0 git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime-tools/git]
lime: 0.9.7 git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/git]

haxelib list nme
nme-dev: git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-dev/git]
nme-state: git [dev:/usr/lib/haxe/lib/nme-state/git]
nme: [5.0.37]

Also, just out of curiosity, I thought lime was detached from nme, why is there still need from nme-dev and nme-state to rebuild ?

Sven Bergström

May 11, 2014, 10:49:00 AM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can read about that backend merge here  : http://www.openfl.org/blog/2014/04/22/openfl-1-4-release/

The "makefile" is using hxcpp Build.xml structure, take a look at lime/project/Build.xml (which you will see, includes nme/project/Build.xml where these files are referred to).

I'll try on latest git (I work on mac) and report back if I see anything strange.

Sven Bergström

May 11, 2014, 10:59:10 AM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Just tested, hugh has been pushing changes to the nme-dev repo like an hour or less ago (which would affect compiling and linking for lime).

Try make sure git nme-dev is updated again, and try with `lime rebuild mac -clean` and that should compile as expected. I saw a warning about Quicktime.framework being ignored but that shouldn't affect the rebuild.

Renaud Bardet

May 11, 2014, 11:51:00 AM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help Sven,

I updated everything and tried again but I still get the same error 'no such file or directory ./src/mac/MacBoot.m'.
Do you pwd to a specific place when invoking lime rebuild ?
Overwise my install is fresh and very standard, I can see those files in haxe/lib/nme/5,0,37/project/src/mac/MacBoot.m
Maybe my version of nme is wrong ?

Justin L Mills

May 11, 2014, 12:04:23 PM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Renaud

The gcc code is calling -m32 which is wrong you want -m64 (64bit ) the
auto detect scripts were wrong awhile back, I suggested changes.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/haxelang/vPUIbcqpSg8/CaNNwyt57mEJ
But shouldn't be related as it was fixed, but maybe an area to check?

Did you try rebuild hxcpp you may need to change the xml build scripts
so that it uses the 64 bit ones, I would try to point you to some docs
but I don't think there are any.

NME stuff is needed as openfl and NME moved to working together on low
level aspects, including build scripts.

Openfl I think is now tested with Travis on linux as part of the Haxe
build, I am not sure if they setup travis on mac yet, but for a
commercial project maybe it would be worth you looking in to running
similar scripts on the mac and contributing unit tests.

http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/osx-ci-environment/

I have not yet looked into Travis, but very happy that many core libs
are tested automatically when changes are made to haxe using it, you can
request to have a library you created added but you would need to
provide the unit tests etc... try to catch Simn on IRC to discuss if
relevant.

Best Justin

Renaud Bardet:
> Hi,
> I had trouble with lime/openfl and I saw a common workaround is to use the
> nightlies,
> so I gitified everything I could and tried rebuilding but have the
> following issue when calling.

Renaud Bardet

May 11, 2014, 12:56:32 PM5/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I updated nme to the latest git and tried again with lime rebuild mac -64 -clean and it works,
thanks guys!