What's the best practise of flash stage3d for haxe?

davy zhang

Mar 5, 2014, 10:43:46 PM3/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Only considering flash target,
I can use hxsl but seems few people talk about it, what's the status of this built in shader language?
I can also use adobe agal assembler exported as swf, solid way and compatible for existing code

Nicolas Cannasse

Mar 6, 2014, 3:35:36 AM3/6/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hxsl works well, it is used with h3d/h2d, but I'm no longer working on
the current version as I made a new version that allows runtime shader
linking, which should be ready soon, but currently only supports GLSL
output.

Best,
Nicolas

davy zhang

Mar 6, 2014, 4:50:43 AM3/6/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the great work! It's a great news we will have a new version.

Is there any hope we can have a "one shader language to rule them all" ?

like hxsl to GLSL,HLSL,AGAL

Adobe says AGAL2 will come to this year with lots of new features,

Though learn a shader language is not that hard, but some shaders are so hard to make it right(debug), better to write it once for all :P

Thanks.