What is the status of Video playback in NME?

302 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Stephane Le Dorze

okunmadı,
25 Oca 2012 08:29:1925.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
I double ask it here because perhaps I'll have more answers..

So; What is the status of Video playback in NME? (targets / embedded / not embedded (streamed?) )

Ler me know, Thanks! ;)

Stephane

Florian Hofmann

okunmadı,
25 Oca 2012 10:02:5325.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
+1 ;) video support would really push nme in the front row.

Stephane Le Dorze

okunmadı,
25 Oca 2012 16:59:3725.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
So I may take that as an answer..

Joshua Granick

okunmadı,
25 Oca 2012 21:37:4225.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
While many features of NME apply to all or most platforms, video applies
very specifically to each platform.

Particularly on mobile platforms, there are special APIs you need to use
to access video, and it can be a lot of work to get it working smoothly.

I would love to see video support, but it isn't in the scope of what I am
working on right now. It may be possible to add video support using NME
extensions for iOS and Android. I think that any other target would
require further integration into the framework

Alex Liebert

okunmadı,
26 Oca 2012 16:31:0726.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
If you're looking to play back videos from files inside the app bundle, on the iPhone, I'd peg it at less than 4 hours of work to implement if you're pretty handy with Objective C.  If you're not, it's still not too tough, Joshua's posted some good examples of his new extension system I think.

Alex

Stephane Le Dorze

okunmadı,
27 Oca 2012 02:41:0827.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
Good to know... I though about streaming videos from some URLs...

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

okunmadı,
27 Oca 2012 14:41:2927.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think streaming the simplest way is to invoke the iphone media player (if on iOS). That's what plants vs zombies does. Not really integrated at all, more a "play this  URL" call I think. Should be super easy to hack in.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
cell: +1 650 842 0920
_______________________

--

Joshua Granick

okunmadı,
27 Oca 2012 15:44:0727.01.2012
alıcı haxe...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you call a video URL using Lib.getURL in NME?
Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir
0 yeni ileti