New iOS version is more restrictive or has bugs with embedded assets and fonts

g.bom...@worldmatch.eu

Oct 7, 2016, 6:55:16 AM10/7/16
to Haxe
Hi,
here I am testing our HTML5 on different OSs: Windows and Android are ok, but the new version of iOS introduced some problems running the app both on Safari and on Chrome, so I think it is OS related.
1 - For the (Openfl) preloader I embedded a small PNG to put in the center of the screen, and it worked until yesterday: it looks like CORS now inhibits loading the app with the embedded image: removing the image the app works correctly.
2 - One of the fonts (a simple Myriad) is not loading, and I wonder why, as it worked till yesterday, as I said, and the same font but Condensed version works/loads correctly.

It looks like the new iOS version is more restrictive and does not allow embedded assets (that may cause disasters with tons of applications). There are problems with fonts too, but I can't understand why.

Are you experiencing similar problems on iOS?
Thanks