Haxer from Hawaii visiting Europe

theRemix

Aug 5, 2014, 5:52:20 AM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I'm going to visit a couple places in Europe in a few days, for 3 weeks.

Does anyone want to meet up for some coffee some time?

I've been living on this island, and am the only active Haxe dev for about 4,000km in any direction! and it'd be nice to meet another Haxe coder.

I'll be visiting Ireland (all around the island), London for a day, and Greece (Fira and Athens).
Does anyone here live in these places?

I would have really liked to go to France to meet Nicolas, Shiro games, Motion Twin and others. Though I couldn't fit it in for this trip.

David Peek

Aug 5, 2014, 9:42:58 AM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Come hang out in London. In fact, anyone other Haxers in London want to meet up for an informal user group/excuse for beer and pizza? Depending on numbers I might be able to organise a venue.

When are you here?

Benjamin Dasnois

Aug 5, 2014, 9:47:47 AM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Count me in if it's on a day I'm available.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Cristian Baluta

Aug 5, 2014, 12:26:19 PM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think many people would like to code from a beach in Hawaii

theRemix

Aug 5, 2014, 4:52:06 PM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
like this?

clemos

Aug 5, 2014, 5:12:14 PM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This keyboard is rather impressing.

theRemix

Aug 5, 2014, 5:23:31 PM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I will be in London August 27 from 10:00am, leaving on August 28 at 5:00pm

j...@justinfront.net

Aug 5, 2014, 5:24:25 PM8/5/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
theRemix, If it's a weekend I can travel to London from the South west.
I expect David is suggesting mid week - probably easier for people in
London but not viable for anyone outside.

wighawag

Aug 6, 2014, 4:22:38 AM8/6/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
count me in

David Peek

Aug 6, 2014, 6:04:16 AM8/6/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Massive are happy to host at our office, any more takers? I'll spread the word out on the social medias. Register interest here for now.

wighawag

Aug 6, 2014, 1:09:32 PM8/6/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I would be happy to hear some experience on haxe js (both server (node.js) and client (web app)) if anybody has some.

Marcus Pointner

Aug 7, 2014, 7:56:44 AM8/7/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I would be interested too, when the meetup is at a reasonable time bc I will need to take a plane anyway... So, possibility is there, now it's only a matter of quantity in participation and planning...

Cheers,
Marcus

David Peek

Aug 7, 2014, 12:35:58 PM8/7/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Well since it's a week day I was assuming we'd start go from 6-9pm, but open to suggestions (we can provide sustenance).

So far we've got 6 Massive devs, wighawag, marcus and theremix, and I think some developers from a company downstairs were interested too. Anyone else?

Sounds like a party!

shoe[box]

Aug 7, 2014, 7:54:54 PM8/7/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
David count me in of course ;)

j...@justinfront.net

Aug 9, 2014, 11:09:45 AM8/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
David

I can't make mid week for theRemix visit due to work commitments :( not
allowed Hols for the next few months.

But I would be very interested in a weekend one, James Jackson does not
seem so involved in Haxe these days, but I would obviously try to drag
him over for any weekend meet up as he's based in Bristol just next to
Bath. Not sure if Mike Cann is still traveling around the world, but if
he is finished he is based up north so unlikely to make midweek either
so it would be good to get a time that he can also make. To get some
Haxers from outside London, the weekend is likely the best option.

So it would be good to work out a weekend one mid September? I have
found "The Generator" very affordable and suitable when staying in
London, but for a weekend likely I would need to book well in advance.
There are obviously cheaper options and more expensive which I have
tried but generator seems a good balance.

I probably have some experiments I can talk about briefly.

Best

Justin

theRemix

Aug 12, 2014, 2:04:17 AM8/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!

So Wednesday, August 27, around 6pm at Massive
10 Lower Thames St
London EC3R 6AF