asset embed="true" -> Custom([file_write,stderr]) error

Mark

Nov 7, 2014, 8:20:26 PM11/7/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
hi All,

Just found the issue and to avoid confusion, I open a new topic.

If I add to <asset> tag in project xml the embed="true" key/value pair, after compiling a windows exe, the assets really don't get copied over next to the binary, however, trying to run the application throws an error "Custom([file_write,stderr])" on a MessageBox (pressing OK the application closes).

If I copy over the 'assets' folder -next to the same binaries-, everything goes fine, so it seems embed="true" for windows build does not work.

Did I make a mistake? Or is this really a bug?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

ps.: libraries:
hxcpp: [3.1.39]
lime: [2.0.0-alpha.7]
nme: [5.1.8]
openfl: [2.1.5]

previously I had 2.0.1 openFL and v1 lime, got the same result

Mark

Nov 11, 2014, 7:40:14 AM11/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Never seen a question ignored before so I update to refresh it :)

Anyone else experienced <asset ... embed="true"> doesn't actually work?