nerko server application crash

Horsetopus

Oct 6, 2016, 5:04:57 AM10/6/16
to Haxe
Hello,

So, I'm working on a server application.
A lot of websockets, a lot of threads.

And so far I manage okay, but if I let the program run, after a while, I get the message:
"An exception occurred in a neko Thread:
Process killed by signal 6"
And then Ubuntu throws a dialogue:
"Sorry, Ubuntu 16.04 has experienced an internal error" with the following report:
(It's a picture, couldn't figure out any other way to copy it).

There isn't much I could figure out...
If any body as any hint on:
- how to catch this error
- what could be the cause
I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
++

Horsetopus

Oct 7, 2016, 5:37:52 AM10/7/16
to Haxe
Ok, a bit of development.

I was launching a process from a main process, so I didn't get the full output from the neko process. Here it is:

What can cause a buffer overflow?
Can it be because I try to access some values from different threads without using mutex?

Horsetopus

Oct 7, 2016, 5:47:47 AM10/7/16
to Haxe
A subsidiary question about mutex:

Do I need to make a call mutex.acquire for reading a value, or just when I want to write?
For example, to just read a boolean, do I need to call mutex.acquire?
And how much does an acquire cost in performances?
I'm trying to figure out the right amount between calling acquire for every variable access or for a full block of code.

Horsetopus

Oct 7, 2016, 6:51:43 AM10/7/16
to Haxe
And one last question, about mutex.
Do they need to be sent through sendMessage to be valid on both sides?