Update killed IO

0x90

Sep 1, 2015, 1:43:46 PM9/1/15
to Haxe
Hi guys, I have updated to the new Lime and OpenFL, but it seems something has changed, and Haxe keeps crashing the program.

[file_open,data/save.dat]
Called from *._Function_1_1 (ApplicationMain.hx line 117)
Called from Reflect.callMethod (C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/cpp/_std/Reflect.hx line 50)
Called from Main.main (Main.hx line 39)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObjectContainer.addChild (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObjectContainer.hx line 31)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObject.__setParent (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObject.hx line 423)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObjectContainer.__onAdded (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObjectContainer.hx line 373)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObject.__onAdded (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObject.hx line 362)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObject.dispatchEvent (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObject.hx line 70)
Called from openfl._legacy.display.DisplayObject.__dispatchEvent (openfl/_legacy/display/DisplayObject.hx line 182)
Called from openfl._legacy.events.EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent (openfl/_legacy/events/EventDispatcher.hx line 98)
Called from Main.init (Main.hx line 64)
Called from Main.setupGame (Main.hx line 81)
Called from io.SaveManager.load (io/SaveManager.hx line 42)
Called from sys.io.File.write (C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/cpp/_std/sys/io/File.hx line 54)
Called from extern.cffi (C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/hxcpp/3,2,102/src/hx/Lib.cpp line 138)

This one worked with the previous Lime and OpenFL. I also keep getting this upon compile:

Error: Cannot copy to "export/windows/cpp/bin/lime-legacy.ndll", is the file in use?

Any ideas? I am targeting Windows with Lime in FlashDevelop.

Hugh

Sep 2, 2015, 12:35:57 AM9/2/15
to Haxe
Looks like you do not have a local "data" directory where your program is running.
Who is responsible for setting your current working directory and creating this "data" directory?

Hugh

0x90

Sep 2, 2015, 8:03:53 AM9/2/15
to Haxe
You were right, I wasn't checking nor making a folder before writing, thanks!