Neko and HTML Communication

michael solomon

Jul 11, 2015, 7:18:27 PM7/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
How Neko communicates with HTML?
For example, assume that I have some News in database, and I want to pull them with Neko and push them to Html, How can i do that?
In php I can mix html and php but neko it's binary...
Thanks,
Michael

Justin L Mills

Jul 11, 2015, 7:57:29 PM7/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Michael

It's not my usual area of Haxe, but I have been around enough to point
you in the right directions:
> In php I can mix html and php but neko it's binary...
"Neko you mix it with Html using a Template"
> For example, assume that I have some News in database, and I want to
> pull them with Neko and push them to Html, How can i do that?
The News in your database is translated to Objects using 'spod' ( ORM -
Object Relational Mapping ). You can then use 'template' to populate
Html with the objects ( news content ).

You can find more information from the 'use case' section of the current
website.

http://haxe.org/use-cases/web/

But specifically take a look at:

Spod - DB -> Objects
http://old.haxe.org/manual/spod

Template - Objects -> Html
http://haxe.org/manual/std-template.html

Currently this has been packaged up with loads of goodies in Ufront a
ready made solution.
https://github.com/ufront/ufront

Best

Justin
Message has been deleted

michael solomon

Jul 12, 2015, 7:16:45 AM7/12/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ooo looks great! thanks.
How I can push Template to HTML files? something like:
(in index.html file)

//Template from Neko insert here.