Haxe to Adobe AIR to iOS?

Dlean Jeans

Sep 19, 2015, 6:40:42 AM9/19/15
to Haxe
It reads that there are 2 ways: use Xcode on a Mac or use Adobe AIR. I don't have a Mac and don't want to install MacOS or install Mac emulator. So I chose Adobe AIR.
Has anyone done this before?
I have read somewhere that there's a command line which translates from Haxe into other languages if I recall correctly.
If so, I use some libraries like HaxeFlixel, must I translate my games and the library to AS3?

I use FlashDevelop.

David Elahee

Sep 19, 2015, 6:42:56 AM9/19/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
There is a default template for haxe/air in flashdevelop :)

Just add -lib air3 to your compile targeting swf target and you should be done quickly using adobe air tools (adt and adl) :). Evoland 1& 2 were done this way so it is battle tested.

David Elahee

Dlean Jeans

Sep 19, 2015, 7:38:41 AM9/19/15
to Haxe
I tried it and got this:
Running Pre-Build Command Line...
cmd: "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe/haxelib" run lime build "Project.xml" flash -debug -Dfdb -lib air3
Error: Incorrect number of arguments for command 'build'
Build halted with errors.

David Elahee

Sep 19, 2015, 7:43:28 AM9/19/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You whould not build using lime, only haxe, ensure your build and post process step are empy in the editor and that you use the haxe/iar template :)

PSvils

Sep 22, 2015, 4:47:25 AM9/22/15
to Haxe
You can still use lime, just you need to then add the air3 library vai the Project.xml rather than straight up in the commandline (or how did you add the -lib air3?)

But the important thing to know I guess is that AIR just packages a swf file into an application, so it doesn't really matter where that swf comes from, native as3 or haxe. The air3 library will just provide you with externs to the AIR-only classes you can use. (If you don't need them, you don't even need the air3 library)

Dlean Jeans

Sep 22, 2015, 4:52:40 AM9/22/15
to Haxe
I still have no idea to deal with Adobe ADT and ADL things. I've never used them before.

Philippe Elsass

Sep 22, 2015, 5:03:25 AM9/22/15
to Haxe
ADT/ADL are decently documented, and there should be examples online.

But you can create a dummy FlashDevelop AS3 AIR mobile project:
- it will provide you a bunch of .Bat scripts that you can copy in a Haxe SWF or Lime/OpenFL (flash target) project,
- copy also the application.xml AIR descriptor and the icons,
- then change the "Test Project" action in Project properties to match what is configured in the AS3 AIR project.
Philippe

Dlean Jeans

Sep 22, 2015, 7:53:36 AM9/22/15
to Haxe
When I run CreateCertificate.bat, it says:
unable to create output file

Certificate creation FAILED

Philippe Elsass

Sep 22, 2015, 2:39:06 PM9/22/15
to Haxe

You may need to create the target folder for the certificate. Check the script.