Dash/Zeal docset (generator)

Devilly

Sep 16, 2015, 2:13:24 AM9/16/15
to Haxe
Hi!

I created a docset generator for the Haxe API for usage with Dash and/or Zeal. It can be found here: https://github.com/Devilly/haxe-dash-docset-generator.
Under releases the Haxe.docset.zip file contains a pre-generated docset so you don't have to run the generator yourself.

I made this for personal usage but now I'd like to get feedback from you guys to see if and how I can improve things.
Also, if someone would find it helpful to use personally that would also be awesome. :)

Devilly

Andy Li

Sep 16, 2015, 12:27:44 PM9/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devilly,

Have you ever tried my generator (https://github.com/andyli/DashDox)?
It is used for generating the Dash contributed Haxe docset.

Best,
Andy

Message has been deleted

Devilly

Sep 16, 2015, 12:53:00 PM9/16/15
to Haxe
Hello Andy,

I did not. I did search for a docset and yours did come across but somewhere along the way I decided I wanted to create one myself.
It mainly is a way for me to learn Haxe as I'm new to it. The fact that I'm satisfied with the result makes me also want to use it. :)

Thanks anyway for the reference. I've just taken a look at your code and did learn a thing or two!

Andy Li

Sep 16, 2015, 1:02:28 PM9/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ok! Reinventing the wheel is a great way to learn for sure :)
Just in case if you created a new one because you're unsatisfied with my generator, I will improve it if possible.

Best,
Andy