Issues with Haxe - Win 7 64-bit

Michael Glorioso

Mar 21, 2014, 12:27:42 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hello. When I run haXe (2 or 3), a window comes up but then quickly closes. It looks like what you get when you use Run, enter "cmd," and then enter "haxe." I am unsure why this happens.

Cauê Waneck

Mar 21, 2014, 12:59:16 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Please open the command prompt (WIN + R + cmd ), run haxe through it and report back what message appears?

Cheers
Cauê

Hello. When I run haXe (2 or 3), a window comes up but then quickly closes. It looks like what you get when you use Run, enter "cmd," and then enter "haxe." I am unsure why this happens.

Michael Glorioso

Mar 21, 2014, 1:07:24 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

What comes up is:

"
Haxe Compiler 3.1.1 - (C)2005-2014 Haxe Foundation
 Usage" haxe.exe -main <class> [...] <output> [options]
 -cp <path> : ...
 - js <file> : ...
 - swf <file> : ...
 ..
 .

Cauê Waneck

Mar 21, 2014, 1:31:40 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It seems like the compiler is working correctly. When does that window show up? Have you tried compiling anything?

Michael Glorioso

Mar 21, 2014, 1:40:39 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I don't understand the program, but I never compiled anything. I click on haxe.exe and the same display shows up as what I previously reported, but the display quickly closes after it opens.

Cambiata

Mar 21, 2014, 1:55:18 AM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

Haxe works just like any other command line compiler in this respect.
You need an editor or an IDE (integrated development environment) to create your code files.

Take a look at John Lindquist's Intro to Haxe video:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/haxelang/2l99so17TjM
It's quite old, but explains the setup and relations of Haxe and FlashDevelop IDE.

Jonas

Michael Glorioso

Mar 21, 2014, 5:45:50 PM3/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com