My first game in Haxe: Maze Master (Windows 8)

astro75

May 29, 2013, 4:36:59 AM5/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Windows store link: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/maze-master/86f2a533-ef6e-4c69-8b8d-3172983b8ca7

Started developing this game during local Game jam event. Finished it for windows 8 app contest.

The game is using NME and TileLayer. TileSheet is generated at run-time from pngs which are resized to match the screen resolution.

Windows 8 release is using html5 target, because I have no idea how to make it work in c++ on win8. Also I have problems with performance on my machine when sound is enabled. The game freezes for a few frames after sound is played. While inspecting the process with "Process Explorer" I found that the freeze happens when threads are killed inside game process.

It also compiles to flash and c++ targets, but I want to improve my game before releasing.

Tero Tolonen

May 29, 2013, 8:57:23 AM5/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

May 29, 2013, 2:07:33 PM5/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Works great on my system, and fun game. Congrats.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
cell: +1 650 842 0920