Waxe and Neko 32 bit restriction workaround?

Cambiata

Nov 20, 2012, 1:04:50 PM11/20/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waxers!

In wx.Window, the HSCROLL and VSCROLL style constants are set using bits 30 and 31, and thus they are made conditionally unvisible when targeting neko:

// wx.Window

   #if !neko
   public static inline var HSCROLL = 1<<30;
   public static inline var VSCROLL = 1<<31;
    #end

I really love developing with the neko target, and I just want to ask you, clever guys, if there's decent workaround for this.

Just adding some neko-specific flags to Window.cpp :: wx_window_create(), would that be a feasible solution? Something like
// Window.cpp
value wx_window_create
(value inParams, value nekoHScroll=null, value nekoVScroll=null)
{
... // adjusting the params.flags to include neko values if not null...
}

...or are there other forseeable 31-bit problems that have to be dealt with in a more profound/consistent way?

/ Jonas