HTML5 export on Edge

MSGhero

Oct 6, 2015, 12:31:34 AM10/6/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
All I'm doing in this test project is displaying a green square.

Chrome does that properly, and the flixel cursor displays properly. Edge just has a black screen and the default cursor. Is there some special setting I have to enable? I've never touched js before, so I don't know what a dom is if that's the answer.

I don't get any console output in edge, but I can see lime's main loop executing.

Edit: when I test my actual game, neither target works. Chrome says "lime" is undefined.

SruloArt

Oct 6, 2015, 3:16:54 AM10/6/15
to HaxeFlixel
* Check my html5 issues over Github.

* Remove Arial from your include.xml.

* Remove the default .ogg files from your include.xml.

* You may need to remove more files tags from your include.xml.

* I have an open PR that should make it work btw. That and issue 1606 (+haxedef name="webgl" if="html5" in your project.xml) should make your js experience a little bit nicer to handle.

Andrei Regiani

Oct 6, 2015, 4:38:00 AM10/6/15
to HaxeFlixel
As far as I know, HTML5 target is not officially supported yet, there was some progress on that this year but that's not quite ready.

You'll either have to use Flash target for web or go with Phaser or OpenFL.

Andrei Regiani

Oct 6, 2015, 4:39:51 AM10/6/15
to HaxeFlixel
Also, try to use the dev version from GitHub in case in you're currently using haxelib version.