Problem loading .oel files on Android

Victor Fabiano

Aug 4, 2015, 4:00:50 PM8/4/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com

Hello my dev fellows :)
I'm a newcomer to Flixel and Haxe, and I have followed the Dungeon Crawler tutorial from this link. I'm in love with Flixel  :D.
In the end of the tutorial, the author encourage us to try extending the game by adding more levels, more enemy types, and so forth. And I really like the idea, so I decided to write just a few lines of code, to try to add the functionality so when you finish a level, you can go to the next one.
In the FlxOgmoLoader related stuff, I made the following changes:
//Instead of
_map = new FlxOgmoLoader(AssetPaths.room_001__oel);

// I did
_map = new FlxOgmoLoader("assets/data/room-" + Std.string(_currentLevel) + ".oel");

// Where in this case room-1.oel is the name of the ogmo file and _currentLevel is a public static variable that is increased by one every time you finish a level successfully.

// In the game over class, the next map is loaded like this
if( FileSystem.exists("assets/data/room-" + Std.string(PlayState._currentLevel+1) + ".oel") ) {
     _btnMainMenu = new FlxButton(0, FlxG.height - 32, "Next Level", goToNextLevel);
} else {
_btnMainMenu = new FlxButton(0, FlxG.height - 32, "Main Menu", goToMainMenu);
}

// Probably the worst way of handling this, but I just wanted some hacky fast way of doing this, just to make new levels with Ogmo and see what I'd get

*** Note *** : This method works perfectly if I build for windows.

The problems:

Flash: I can't use FileSystem.exists. -> What is a good way of doing this while in Flash?
Android: When I finish a level, and it's supposed to change to the next level, the app closes. -> Is that a problem related to the path to the assets folder?

I'd really appreciate any help!

and Hail Flixel!

* sorry for my bad grammar and poor vocabulary

Gama11

Aug 5, 2015, 4:40:29 AM8/5/15
to HaxeFlixel
I have already answered your question here.