Strange movement with pixel art

Justin C.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:21:46 AM11/15/15
to HaxeFlixel

     So I'm creating a game with 12x12 sprites and a zoom of 240x135. I'm getting this strange problem when moving diagonally. What happens (when holding down and left) is the player seems to move one pixel to the left, then a frame or two later move down one pixel. I'm guessing this has to do with my player's movement. Here's a gif of what's happening, and my playstate and player classes.

[PlayState on Pastebin]
[Player on Pastebin]

Justin C.

Nov 15, 2015, 10:43:31 AM11/15/15
to HaxeFlixel

For some odd reason, the movement got less rigid. I guess it isn't as big as a deal anymore.

Jeru Sanders

Nov 19, 2015, 3:55:05 PM11/19/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Try turning on AA in the camera.

FlxG.camera.antialiasing = true

Once upon a time that fixed this, I've just been doing it out of habit, I'm not sure what it's actual behaviour is anymore.