Tile artifacting/gaps on neko and cpp

Brandon R

Apr 11, 2016, 11:46:38 AM4/11/16
to HaxeFlixel
Greetings,
I am having some serious issues with artifacting/gaps when set my camera to follow the player and then move the player across the tile map. It causes a 1px gap (or a gap which is scaled up, depending on the camera and stage size). This is an easy fix with libraries which support open_gl and textureregions, but with flixel, this is not the case. I was wondering if anybody has an up to date fix for this? The fixes that I have found use texture regions/cachedgraphics which have long been removed from flixel, and I have no idea what the current method to fix this problem is because of that.
Any help would be appreciated! I just really want to start coding this game, but this bug is holding me back!

Gama11

Apr 11, 2016, 1:42:35 PM4/11/16
to HaxeFlixel
Try FlxTileFrames.fromBitmapAddSpacesAndBorders().

See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/haxeflixel/QVykss2OkCo/OKGVEC73CAAJ

Brandon R

Apr 11, 2016, 2:04:52 PM4/11/16
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
You actually fixed my problem! Funnily enough I looked at this thread earlier today but wrote it off as it was referencing a lot of removed features. I can't believe the answer was right there in front of me!

--
HaxeFlixel Development Community
See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/