Changing Resolution For Windows Target

Suhail Habib

Mar 20, 2015, 12:19:11 PM3/20/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
HeyGuys,

I was making a game for a flash target, but the game is too performance heavy it seemed (lots and lots of particles), so I instead starting building it for Windows, which doesn't seem to have performance issues.

However, now I have a problem with the fullscreen resolution. When I toggle fullscreen (either through startFullscreen in Main or just manually), the game is centered but stretched as far as it can be stretched. It does not maintain the original resolution; 640X480. How can I make it maintain the original resolution? Even setting the actual game resolution to 960X720 is acceptable. I don't care about having the rest of the screen black for the time being (I may look to add some art there later).

Another option for solving this, which may be easier, was to change the user's windows resolution (some games do that though I prefer not to) when he gets into the game, and return it to his original resolution when he leaves the game. I looked for how to do that, but also didn't find anything useful. Is anyone experienced with this?

Thanks a bunch!

Gama11

Mar 20, 2015, 1:18:44 PM3/20/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
You want to look into changing the default FlxG.scaleMode. FixedScaleMode sounds like what you're looking for.

Suhail Habib

Mar 20, 2015, 1:29:10 PM3/20/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! That did the job :)