Rendering problems in neko and cpp targets

Tiago Ling

Nov 19, 2014, 8:11:34 AM11/19/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I just created a sample to demonstrate and investigate two recurring problems in the renderer:

If you experienced anything related to this in your projects you can help us to solve this once and for all by commenting, help with testing and / or proposing possible causes.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

SruloArt

Nov 19, 2014, 4:59:50 PM11/19/14
Did you open an issue for this? cancel the fixed time step (don't ask me why, it seems to be somehow relevant), play with pixelperfect position/render true/false of your sprites (and pixel perfect render of your camera). JoeCreates solved this issue on cpp (but not on the blitting targets) some time ago AFAIK.

Also, vsync is a known cause for tearing in cpp (so = false).

Tiago Ling

Nov 20, 2014, 6:04:14 AM11/20/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I mentioned the issues he opened (they are still open and not solved afaik), both of them are not solved, unless it is something that must be done on the user side. If that's the case it should be better documented, also the user should not have to resort to hacks to make his game look normal.

The image tearing is solved setting antialiasing as true for the sprites, however, what happens without antialiasing should not happen - instead of just blocky, it literally breaks the image (maybe it is caused by the same floating point problems with the jittering).

The jittering is much more complex - i'll try your suggestions, it's definitely related to frame time and pixel perfect positioning.

Thanks man!