Improve appearance of low resolution assets

Shaun Michael K. Stone

Mar 2, 2016, 4:53:28 AM3/2/16
to HaxeFlixel
Hey guys,

Anyone know how I can improve the look of my assets. For mobile I have resized to 25% and upscaled to the screen. Anyone know any techniques I can use to make it appear less pixelated and blurry?

Thanks.

Ashiq A.

Mar 12, 2016, 11:03:19 AM3/12/16
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I've seen two "usual" ways of doing this:

1) Release different APK/mobile binaries with different resources
2) Use larger images and downscale (Angry Birds uses this) You'll see some "jaggies," but it won't look blurry.

I usually use the second approach.

--
HaxeFlixel Development Community
See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/