Monsieur Moustache [New game]

Ohmnivore

May 21, 2015, 10:33:05 PM5/21/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Finished the game months ago, only now did I find the time to properly release it. Enjoy!

If anyone is interested I'll open-source it.

Sam Bellman

May 22, 2015, 5:17:01 AM5/22/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com

That's a great little game! You really hit the sweet spot of 'very difficult' + 'When you lose it's always your fault.

If you do do an update I'd love to see some kind of collectables, placed to give the player incetives to try for more difficult jumps.

I'd also be interested to see the source, largely just as I'm always fascinated and feel I have a lot to learn by how other people code and structure their finished projects.

Ohmnivore

May 22, 2015, 11:45:11 AM5/22/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Aww thanks, really appreciated. Some people tell me the game is too hard, but hey that's what everyone said about flappy bird xD
I'm thinking of adding an update along those lines, maybe being able to hit the rocketing scientists for bonuses.

PS I'll put a link to the source code source, I'm just making sure I don't accidentally share the certificate keys first lol

Ashiq A.

May 22, 2015, 12:55:37 PM5/22/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I actually did that once (checked in my certificate keys by mistake). Since it's always retrievable through the history, I had to actually wipe out and recreate my git repository after that. Lesson learned.

The easiest way to be safe is to:

1) Keep the cert out of your source-safe location entirely
2) Use .gitingnore or its equivalent so you can't check it in

--Ashiq

--
HaxeFlixel Development Community
See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/