Strange one pixel gap while camera zooming in not flash target

solewalker

Dec 13, 2014, 12:55:59 PM12/13/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed this before but got the time to report it now. In normal camera zoom = 1, there is no gap in adjacent sprites, but if you change camera zoom, you notice one pixel gap in some of them. I have noticed this in another computer too, which has installed openfl and lime from haxelib. So, I don't think this is only happening in my pc. I am also including sample project to demonstrate this behavior.

The square is made with 25, 32x32 pixel size square sprites. In normal zoom there is no gap, but changing the zoom shows gap. I am zooming the camera using tweens
 for (i in 0...5)

for (j in 0...5)

{

var sprite = new FlxSprite(400 + j * 32, 300 + i * 32);
 sprite
.makeGraphic(32, 32);
 add
(sprite);

}

FlxTween.tween(FlxG.camera, { zoom:1.5 }, 1,{ease:FlxEase.sineInOut,type:FlxTween.PINGPONG});

This happens in neko and other CPP targets not in flash
zoom_bug_test.zip

Vasco

Dec 13, 2014, 5:58:55 PM12/13/14
Just want to say that something like this also happens to me, but only on a specific Android device, and without changing the zoom. But it probably happens on that device because of the zoom applied to fit the game to the screen.

solewalker

Dec 14, 2014, 12:21:51 AM12/14/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Have you tested the code or project? It's happening on windows.

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 4:58:55 AM UTC+6, Vasco wrote:
Just want to say that something like this also happens to me, but only on a specific Android device, and without changing the zoom. But it probably happens on that device because of the zoom applied to fit the game to the screen.

AG-w

Dec 14, 2014, 10:16:18 AM12/14/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
try set "PixelPerfectRender" to false?

solewalker

Dec 14, 2014, 3:56:01 PM12/14/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Yes, setting it to false solves this issue.

Vasco

Dec 14, 2014, 6:56:13 PM12/14/14
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I now tested zooming out, building for Windows, and I don't actually see the problem... Maybe it was a different issue I was seeing.