haxeArt

May 15, 2015, 8:34:55 AM5/15/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm new to HaxeFlixel. I create a game, which have localization. Use FlxUIDropDownMenu to choose between language, I got this error log:

[NOTICE] could not call getEvent() for FlxUI event "out_button" because current state is not a FlxUIState.
Solution: state should extend FlxUIState, implement IEventGetter. Otherwise, set broadcastToFlxUI=false for your IFlxUIWidget to supress the events.

I have set the IFlxUIWidget.broadcastToFlxUI=false but I still got those error message.
When I change FlxState to FlxUIState, no error message.
However, I don't want to use FlxUIState.
How to solve this problem?
Thx for your help.

Junjo

May 17, 2015, 8:08:40 AM5/17/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well, as far as I know, you MUST use FlxUIState to use the flxui elements.

Why don't you want to use it?
FlxUIState extends FlxState, so you can do the same things with it, plus the UI stuff.

Gama11

May 17, 2015, 2:37:07 PM5/17/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com, gju...@gmail.com
No, there isn't really a need to use FlxUIState if you just want to use a few elements. The FlxTween demo does that for example.

Not sure why disabling broadcastToFlxUI wouldn't have an effect, might be a bug. You should be able to safely ignore that message though.

haxeArt

May 21, 2015, 6:50:49 AM5/21/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com, gju...@gmail.com
I don't want to use FlxUIState because I have trouble with FireTongue. But after looking for RPG demo, now everything fine.

Yeah, it should be fixed if using broadcastToFlxUI = false. Take a look at FlxUIDropDownMenu code, there is function for that purpose. Might be a false error report.

Thx for your answer, now I understand "EXTENDS"  :D

Will see if I can get something from FlxTween demo :)

haxeArt

May 21, 2015, 7:14:40 AM5/21/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com, gju...@gmail.com
Try to build HTML5, and if I click dropdown object (FlxUIDropDownMenu), my cursor won't show anymore.

Bugs with FlxUI for HTML5 target?