Openfl-bitfive compatibility

kuris

Sep 16, 2015, 4:18:59 AM9/16/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hey !

I am making html5 app for client, and even though app is really simple, it still have performance issues. For this project I am using standard OpenFL Sprites and Bitmaps.

So I tried to use openfl-bitfive, but I get this error :
bin/html5/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:18: characters 30-31 : Unexpected ;
that is targeting this line : private static var preloader:;

I am wondering what version of openfl should I use with newest bitfive?

My haxelib library list :
actuate: [1.8.6]
box2d: [1.2.3]
haxelib_client: [3.2.0-rc.3]
hxcpp: [3.2.102]
layout: [1.2.1]
lime-samples: [2.6.0]
lime-tools: [1.5.7]
lime: [1.0.1] 2.6.2
nme: [5.4.2]
openfl-bitfive: 2.0.1 [3.3.3]
openfl-html5: [1.0.5]
openfl-samples: [3.3.0]
openfl: 2.0.1 [3.3.3]
swf: [2.0.2]

Also, I am wondering would using HaxeFlixel increase the performance? I was thinking that adding more libraries could cause more problems, so I tried to use just standard OpenFL.

SruloArt

Sep 16, 2015, 5:18:10 AM9/16/15
to HaxeFlixel
* If you're not making a game then using any of these tools for html5 stuff is not a good choice.

* Nope to the performance part. It would only introduce more issues.

* A good solution is to use webgl (add a flag to your project.xml).

* If your project is super simple you can try to use DOM instead (again, there's a flag for that).

* And that's for the latests Lime/OpenFL (legacy/non-legcay modes) default html5 backend of course, Not the latest "openfl-bitfive" (which we don't officailly use) or "openfl-html5" (which is deprecated).