Failed to update resources

xhunterko

Mar 20, 2016, 2:34:43 PM3/20/16
to HaxeFlixel
So, over the last couple weeks, that error has just started to occur during compile.

Failed to update resources

I have no idea what that means. But I DO know how it's affecting development. I can have all the editors and folders I use closed, with nothing but firefox and FlashDevelop open, but I get that error during compile. It's bothering me and I am not sure how to fix.

Granted, it's not immediately critical, but is worrisome.

How do I fix this?

Knowns: FlasheDevelop 4.6.2.5. In my source folder, I have an AssetsPath file which looks like this:

package;

@:build(flixel.system.FlxAssets.buildFileReferences("assets", true))
class AssetPaths {}

HaxeFlixel version 3.3.5, (don't want to upgrade til mostly everything is stable)
Folder set up is standard: Desktop/ProjectFolder/assets
An unused, and standard Reg file.

Nothing else strange folder structure wise. All editors closed, same error. Editors open, same error.

Any help?

Naruto AE

Mar 20, 2016, 5:27:37 PM3/20/16
to HaxeFlixel
First off, I don't suggest holding onto old tech because not only is your HF version outdated,
but your FlashDevelop is too.
One of HF's 3x releases had a similer bug that effected assets,
the HF team "patched" it, but it's patching might have made another bug,
HF 4.0 is stable in my opinion, I haven't encountered any problems with it so far,

In short, I can't help with this problem because there are a lot of unknown variables at play here.
it might be your current tech that's bugged or something, can't tell.

xhunterko

Mar 21, 2016, 12:52:34 PM3/21/16
to HaxeFlixel
Issue was apparently fixed by a Java update.