Haxeflixel4 problems with camera fade and default Zoom value in Main

MegaBite

Apr 14, 2016, 10:29:41 AM4/14/16
to HaxeFlixel
Hey guys!

I just updated to Haxeflixel 4 and have two problems/questions:

1) There is a problem with the camera fade or at least I don't get it, but it doesn't fade the whole screen, just a part of it. Any ideas?

2) The new default value in FlxGame for the Zoom isn't -1 anymore, which zoomed according to the dimensions of the window. This seems to be intentional, but now I have black bars at the sides and I don't know how to work with this.

Any hints or explanations would be useful and highly appreciated! Thanks!

MB

Gama11

Apr 14, 2016, 11:42:36 AM4/14/16
to HaxeFlixel
1) Is your zoom < 1? This could be related https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel/issues/1588
2) You may need to chose a different scale mode http://haxeflixel.com/demos/ScaleModes/

David Granado

Apr 14, 2016, 2:48:17 PM4/14/16
to HaxeFlixel
> 1) There is a problem with the camera fade or at least I don't get it, but it doesn't fade the whole screen, just a part of it. Any ideas?

Are your world bounds set?  I'm not sure about how the fade works, but collisions will only work within world bounds, so perhaps that's related.

MegaBite

Apr 15, 2016, 10:56:12 AM4/15/16
to HaxeFlixel
The value -1 used to have the effect that the Zoomlevel was set automatically to fit the window size. So I didn't bother changing it in Main.hx, but maybe it is related to the issue you posted and maybe it can be solved with a different scale mode, I will look into it. Thank you very much for the fast reply!