HTML not playing? and How to see what website my flash game is being played on?

Dlean Jeans

Oct 31, 2015, 11:42:26 AM10/31/15
to HaxeFlixel
My HTML game stucks at preload screen. I tried removing all the font but it still stucks.
And also how to know what website my flash game is being played on? Like Kongregate so I could enable the Kongregate API and prevent other website from stealing the game exclusive.

SruloArt

Nov 2, 2015, 10:13:22 AM11/2/15
to HaxeFlixel
* You can also try removing all the sounds (like flixel and beep) as well. And by removing I'm actually saying deleting these files, including the fonts, and particularly Arial.

* Sadly, you can never fully prevent your game from playing on a non-approved domain. The .swf preloader can accept a domain / a list of domains where your game can be played, but this can be circumvented. You can still try though.

Dlean Jeans

Nov 3, 2015, 12:57:34 AM11/3/15
to HaxeFlixel
- Does that mean I can't have sound and fonts in my games? I have some fonts in the assets.
- Sounds interesting. At least I can do something to stop that. But how? And is it possible to show something to tell them to go to Kongregate to play the game? I once downloaded a game from Kongregate to play it offline and it told me to go Kongregate instead.

SruloArt

Nov 3, 2015, 6:14:38 AM11/3/15
to HaxeFlixel
* No, that mainly applies to the default sounds and fonts included in your project via the include.xml located in your flixel repo. However, if your own sounds and fonts are also causing the preloader to get stuck, then you'd have to solve it by using different fonts and different sounds' formats (for example, use .m4a sounds instead of .ogg or .wav formats). Setting embed=false per such asset sometimes fixes the stuckness.

* You just add a simple text and an overlay bitmap where it's checking the domains array. It's already giving a preset error message if you're on a non-allowed domain.

Dlean Jeans

Nov 3, 2015, 8:18:33 AM11/3/15
to HaxeFlixel
- I just googled and found an article about making a custom preloader. But one question is still not answered: Can I know exactly what website my game is played on like Kongregate or my website to enable the Kongregate API? If possible, how? Or I should just build 2 different version?

SruloArt

Nov 3, 2015, 9:52:51 AM11/3/15
to HaxeFlixel
* I really suggest to just look at the code, it would be a good practice for you to adopt early-on :)