Newbie - Screen - resolution and game width/height

Linus

Jul 28, 2015, 1:38:19 PM7/28/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm fairly new to game programming and just recently returned to Haxeflixel.
I've got a couple of questions that I'd like to be answered.

  1. You can choose what gameWidth/gameHeight your game should have -
    1. is this where i decide the width of the monitor? Because when i go fullscreen(window mode) The game scales but
      the sides turn into black bars and the whole screen is not being used as can be seen in this photo: http://i.imgur.com/YobB1gu.png
      How do i solve this?
  2. Are there any other things to take into consideration regarding window width,height, resolution and all these sort of settings?
    As i said, I'm fairly new but I'd like to get a grip of all these things before i start with the actual game.

Note that the black side-bars do not show when the game start with its initial widow size (800/480)

Gama11

Jul 28, 2015, 3:31:15 PM7/28/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com, lj2...@student.lnu.se, lj2...@student.lnu.se
The black bars are caused by the default ScaleMode, RatioScaleMode, which makes sure everything is scaled up as much as possible while keeping the aspect ratio. Try playing around with others such as StageSizeScaleMode.