Flixel lib folder not matching git repo

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 9, 2015, 5:38:07 PM4/9/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I was getting strange errors trying to use flixel-addon (class not found) and I noticed something strange

The library doesn't match - Some folders are gone (like math) and some appear (like atlas).

I have tried reinstalling flixel but get the same result.

The version numbers match.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Hazame

Apr 9, 2015, 6:00:55 PM4/9/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
As I see in the screenshot, it seems that you are using the stable version of HaxeFlixel (3.3.8) while the git repo is already at 4.x.x and has a lot of differences.  To use the git repo you can use this command:

haxelib git flixel https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel

The same for flixel-addons. If you use the git version of flixel then you should also use the git version of flixel-addons and vice versa.

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 9, 2015, 6:14:12 PM4/9/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Where do you see the git repo version ? When I look at haxelib.json in root it says 3.3.8 ...

Hazame

Apr 10, 2015, 5:01:52 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
It stays 3.3.8 in haxelib.json but in the changelog, the last version currently is 4.0.0.

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 10, 2015, 5:55:28 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Thanks :)

Gama11

Apr 10, 2015, 7:43:44 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
You can also see the version in the Flixel debugger overlay / FlxG.VERSION.

The default branch on GitHub is dev, but you can switch to master to match the latest haxelib release.

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 10, 2015, 10:14:08 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant. Thanks.

Wow - The debugger overlay is incredible !