Background color bug when "next" is enabled.

Claudio Ficara

Mar 26, 2016, 6:53:12 PM3/26/16
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
As I was adding shaders onto my project, I discovered a bug.

After adding the required Next content for haxe, by doing:

    <set name="next" />
    <haxedef name="next" />

I noticed the game stayed forever black. Only mouse cursor was visible. Super weird, since Filters demo worked perfectly. After a long process of elimination, I pinpointed the issue.

How to reproduce:

  1. Enable Next.
  2. Change background color of your state, by either doing:

bgColor = 0x000000;

or

FlxG.cameras.bgColor = 0x000000;

as a workaround you could just simple delete those lines.

Libraries used:
actuate: [1.8.6]
box2d: [1.2.3]
flixel-addons: [2.0.0]
flixel-demos: [2.1.0]
flixel-templates: [2.0.1]
flixel-tools: [1.1.2]
flixel-ui: [2.0.0]
flixel: 4.0.0 [4.0.1]
hscript: [2.0.5]
hxcpp: [3.2.205]
hxtelemetry: [0.3.3]
layout: [1.2.1]
lime-samples: [2.6.0]
lime: [2.9.0]
nape: [2.0.19]
openfl-samples: [3.3.1]
openfl: [3.6.0]
poly2trihx: [0.1.4]
swf: [2.2.0]

As a related issue, I noticed that not enabling next, makes the other effects, such as Invert and color blind modes, available.

Hope this could help someone. Cheers!

Gama11

Mar 27, 2016, 5:43:56 AM3/27/16
to HaxeFlixel
Strange behavior indeed... Feel free to open an issue on GitHub.