Re: Our forums have moved to Google Groups

BuzzJeux

Dec 20, 2013, 8:26:12 AM12/20/13

First at all, thx for the new google group forum, but i have some issues with the archive forum :

I cant see the search button anymore and when u change a page on the archive forum, all the links are broken :/

Not very handy for the noobish dev like me xD

A solution to fix that ?

Samuel Batista

Dec 20, 2013, 10:48:18 AM12/20/13
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Chris is working on those issues, sorry about that.

Chris D

Dec 20, 2013, 7:26:51 PM12/20/13
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi BuzzJeux,
Most of the dead links should be resolved from a new clone I just ran.
Since we are not hosting our own forum anymore adding server-side search to it is impossible.

As google indexes the new site I plan on adding a custom https://www.google.com/cse/

BuzzJeux

Dec 24, 2013, 10:05:38 AM12/24/13
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Thx the links in archive forum work nice now ;)

And when i mean Search fct is for the archive forum not the Google new one ^^ (on the old site u need to be logged to view the form) ^^

Chris D

Dec 27, 2013, 11:43:14 PM12/27/13
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Good it works :)
Yes I know but the old forum search was a feature of a live site, that forum is now only static html pages so there is no database to search with.
So we need something to index it like google, maybe using something like lunrjs.com could happen if anyone can afford the time.