Discover HaxeFlixel - the book!

MegaLeon

Apr 1, 2016, 1:35:09 PM4/1/16
to HaxeFlixel
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my latest HaxeFlixel-related project - a 180 pages long book to learn game development with HaxeFlixel.

In the book I build a Super Mario Bros clone from scratch (you can actually play the finished result on the website :) ). I'd say the concepts explained are beginners-intermediate, perfect if you just started exploring this amazing framework! ...And if you're a HaxeFlixel kind already, perfect for that friend who wants to get into game development :)

If you wanna know anything about it, just gimme a shout!

Cheers

Ashiq A.

Apr 1, 2016, 2:21:09 PM4/1/16
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
This is probably a dumb question, but did you update your book to work with HaxeFlixel 4.0?

--
HaxeFlixel Development Community
See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/

MegaLeon

Apr 1, 2016, 2:29:13 PM4/1/16
to HaxeFlixel
Ahah yes, maybe dumb but very appropriate question. The book is up to date to the latest release :)

varomix WEY

Apr 2, 2016, 2:36:41 PM4/2/16
to HaxeFlixel
I want to buy your book, paypal seems to not be an option, is that because you choose it that way or is it gumroad?
I rather pay with paypal.

thanks

MegaLeon

Apr 3, 2016, 10:29:31 AM4/3/16
to HaxeFlixel
It's gumroad. They do support Paypal, but due to volume limits with their payments processor, the functionality may disappear at times. They are working to fix it, or I could upgrade my gumroad account to get priority processing and have it always show up - not ready for that investment though.

I've bought plenty of products and tutorials from gumroad. It's safe to use.

varomix WEY

Apr 4, 2016, 5:25:20 PM4/4/16
to HaxeFlixel
Thanks I just got it, just had to wait until gumroad showed the paypal button.

thanks for making this, I'll start reading today :)

spipnl

Apr 5, 2016, 11:10:57 AM4/5/16
to HaxeFlixel
Cool stuff! Your site looks polished. Is there a preview chapter available?
Maybe i'll recommend it to a friend of mine.

One thing though:
Why does the cover say 'learn ... for free' when your book obviously isn't? :P

MegaLeon

Apr 6, 2016, 9:46:55 AM4/6/16
to HaxeFlixel
Thanks, you can download chapter 3 for free - the link is under chapter 3 in the chapter list.

Also the covers implies "develop & distribute... for free", not "learn... for free" :D

MegaLeon

Apr 6, 2016, 9:47:17 AM4/6/16
to HaxeFlixel
Hope it's useful! Thanks a lot :D