Haxelib updating procedure

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 10, 2015, 7:40:04 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to understand how the version of haxeflixel I get from haxelib is updated.

I understand that going to http://lib.haxe.com shows you what you will get. And you see a changelog for each library http://lib.haxe.org/p/flixel

What I'm not clear on is how that is related to the git repository. For example: I see the latest haxeflixel version posted (at the time of this writing), 3.3.8, was put into lib.haxe.org about two weeks ago. However, there are many changes in the git repository since then that haven't come through ...

How do developers separate the two ? I don't see any "Haxelib" branches in the repo ...

Ok. I see - So the 'master' branch is the one which is used for lib.haxe.com ?

Ok. This is what I was looking for Master branch commit history

Each commit day has a message about the version which is being released ...

Ok. And I see from the dev changelog.md that version 4.0.0 is the only version 4 there .... So all the changes for version 4 are piling up, all major changes coming up to the release of HaxeFlixel 4.0 .... ? How do you decide what changes go into 4.0.0 and which ones are just updated of 3.3 ?

Gama11

Apr 10, 2015, 7:47:10 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
You're correct, master is always the latest haxelib release. At this point, there are only small patches for 3.3 to make sure it continues to work with newer versions of Haxe or OpenFL, or small bugfixes.

There's also a Tag for each release.

Karl Penzhorn

Apr 10, 2015, 9:55:15 AM4/10/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com