(Neko) OpenGL is not available. Retrying without. (Invalid window)

Justin C.

Dec 8, 2015, 3:46:19 PM12/8/15
to HaxeFlixel
     I've seen issues similar to this, but not exactly the same. Basically, I updated everything with Haxe (I did haxelib upgrade and installed Haxe 3.2.1 with Neko 2.0.0) Ever since the updates, my project runs at 14 FPS (even gets up to 20 at times, wow!) Not exactly sure what's wrong, but hopefully someone can help.

My Haxelib List

Pizzamakesgames

Dec 8, 2015, 3:51:06 PM12/8/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Same thing happened to me upon grabbing lime 2.8.0 and openfl 3.5.0 just now.

Jeru Sanders

Dec 8, 2015, 4:57:26 PM12/8/15
to HaxeFlixel
Doesn't seem to happen on the dev branch, you both are using stable?

Justin C.

Dec 8, 2015, 4:59:36 PM12/8/15
to HaxeFlixel
I'm pretty sure.

I was able to fix the problem by downgrading to Lime 2.7.0 and openfl 3.4.0

Pizzamakesgames

Dec 8, 2015, 5:02:48 PM12/8/15
to HaxeFlixel
Is there even a dev branch of openfl / lime? You're saying Lime 2.8.0 and openfl 3.5.0 are running well with the dev branch of haxeflixel? Did you do the update of those two? I think it just got released a couple hours ago.

SARFEX

Dec 8, 2015, 5:26:37 PM12/8/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Same. Also added huge fps lags (8 / 60) on fullscreen

Italo Felipe Capasso Ballesteros

Dec 8, 2015, 8:23:15 PM12/8/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Just writing that I also have severe lag issues with the new OpenFL 3.5.0 and Lime update 2.8.0.
I am using the dev branch of HaxeFlixel. But not Openfl and Lime (is there a dev branch there?)
I also have really weird issues when toggling to fullscreen with alt-enter.

If I compile in windows or Neko with the -DNext flag there are no lag issues, but there are still fullscreen issues. I start windowed, but when toggling to fullscreen a black screen happens, if I toggle back, the window cannot go back to its windowed size and many weird artifacts, glitches and missing sprites appear on the screen.

Pizzamakesgames

Dec 8, 2015, 8:36:55 PM12/8/15
to HaxeFlixel
I can confirm that lime 2.8.0 is responsible for this. Using openfl 3.5.0 and lime 2.7.0 with the dev branch of haxeflixel runs fine.

Pizzamakesgames

Dec 9, 2015, 5:29:46 AM12/9/15
to HaxeFlixel
Looks like the issue is known over at OpenFL as well: http://community.openfl.org/

Xavier Belanche

Dec 9, 2015, 2:34:49 PM12/9/15
to HaxeFlixel
Same here. OpenFL 3.5.0 and lime 2.7.0 works well with HaxeFlixel dev branch

Italo Felipe Capasso Ballesteros

Dec 9, 2015, 10:21:00 PM12/9/15
to HaxeFlixel
Just for the record, in OpenFL they've just updated Lime to 2.8.1 and OpenFL to 3.5.1. Everything went back to normal :). So if you have this issue updating to lime 2.8.1 should fix the issue.