Spine, spinehx, spinehaxe and HaxeFlixel

jhice

Mar 18, 2015, 11:16:46 AM3/18/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I face a problem and do not know how to handle it.

I'm in the making of a game with a friend, we choose Spine as animation tool (as seen in the demo page FlxSpine).
Actually, this is what I came to :
  • official addon FlxSpine with spinehx is obsolete and can't read the new json format from Spine,
  • spinehaxe works great but is for OpenFL,
  • the developer of spinehaxe (Ben Morris) is ready to integrate his code to HaxeFlixel, regarding this tweet.
I tried to use spinehaxe with FlxSpline : I thought just renaming the imports will do the trick but no :p there's a lot of code probably linked to OpenFL using Sprite and a lot of code has been refactored and added since the last version of spinehx. My skills are not yet so good at understanding how to convert OpenFL code to HaxeFlixel code (I know it's about moving a lot of openfl imports to flixel ones but...).

So from here I wonder what to do :
  • hope or help if I can, the conversion of spinehaxe to HaxeFlixel, OR the update of spinehx (inactive actually)
  • simply use OpenFL to code my game,
  • put the hands in the code and try to make it work (but I will need help on where to start, converting Sprite to FlxSprite or more ?),
  • another solution ?
I'll point Ben Morris to this post.

Awaiting your comments ;)
Thanks

Ben Morris

Mar 18, 2015, 12:07:16 PM3/18/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Are you using the most current version of HaxeFlixel? It already integrates spinehaxe:

https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel-addons/blob/dev/flixel/addons/editors/spine/FlxSpine.hx

jhice

Mar 18, 2015, 12:12:26 PM3/18/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Holy s*** :) I'm gonna test this right now.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the flood ;)