Ligths demo

Orlando Pisano

Mar 29, 2015, 6:57:09 AM3/29/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It's my pleasure to share with you all my little demo with dynamic lights, I started working with HaxeFlixel just a week ago so any comment will be really appreciated.

Attached you'll find the HaxeFlixel tutorial (and a screenshot) modified in order to support my little light manager.

Most of credits goes to Red Blob Games for their Visibility class that I've used and modified a little bit for this demo.
In order to compile you have to install polygonal-ds lib.

I tested it only with neko and c++ on windows 8 machine. If you can, tell me if it works on other platforms.

Thanks,
//ORL
lights-test.jpg
flixel-tutorial.zip

Ashiq A.

Mar 29, 2015, 7:23:00 AM3/29/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Works great on Flash too. Are you planning to write any tutorials
about how you achieved some of these effects?

How did you make the background oscillate when there's an encounter?
> --
> HaxeFlixel Development Community
> See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation
> http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/haxeflixel/93667498-7c37-4898-8cc1-d511bf1dfb96%40googlegroups.com.

Orlando Pisano

Mar 29, 2015, 8:19:09 AM3/29/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashiq, many thanks for your test.

About the background oscillate effect it's something ereditated from the haxe-flixel tutorial itself, if you go at http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/tutorials/ you'll find a very detailed explanation on how to make it.

If you need support on other things regarding what I did feel free to ask, at the moment it's a so small piece of code that I don't think that I'll write a tutorial about. It should be very simple to understand just reading the code that I wrote in the PlayState class (create function, you'll find my code just searching //ORL)

//ORL

xhunterko

Apr 2, 2015, 9:20:04 PM4/2/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
This is great! I was trying to do something similar but couldn't get it quite right.

Excellent job!

Ashiq A.

Jul 15, 2015, 4:42:08 PM7/15/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I rediscovered this while cleaning out some old emails. Could you possibly put this up on GitHub so that I can star it? It'll be easier for other people to find there, too.

--Ashiq

--
HaxeFlixel Development Community
See our github https://github.com/haxeflixel/ and our documentation http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/
---

Orlando Pisano

Jul 17, 2015, 4:06:28 AM7/17/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
Of course I can! I never did it before but I'll try this we. I'll put an update here.

//ORL

xhunterko

Nov 12, 2015, 10:19:23 PM11/12/15
to HaxeFlixel
Hello, sorry to bring up old threads. But I was wondering if this has ever been pushed to github and where is it? Google and github-fu is producing no results. Having trouble with it and I need to remove segments and add new ones. Thought there might be more elsewhere.