Is it possible to write directly to audio buffers in HaxeFlixel or OpenFl?

Andrew Gallasch

Feb 20, 2015, 10:39:11 AM2/20/15
to haxef...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to assess the viability of HaxeFlixel for a game I'm making.

Is it possible to write directly to audio buffers in HaxeFlixel or OpenFl? The reason I want to do this is because my game requires precise timing of audio as it is musical in nature.

FlxSound does not appear to have this functionality but I'd love to be proved wrong.

(AudioSource and AudioBuffer are conveniently undocumented at the moment. The source code for AudioSource is almost completely uncommented and it and AudioBuffer don't appear to have any of the complex functionality of handling audio buffers!?)

If anyone knows how to approach this problem and which classes to use that'd be appreciated!