Tutorials or open source games with examples of in-game events?

JustGabe

Mar 28, 2016, 2:36:40 PM3/28/16
to HaxeFlixel
What I'm looking for are for examples or tutorials that could show me a practical way to create events in the game, like walking into a room and then a char appearing and having a conversation with it and then dissapearing, so that if I walk into that room again the event won't trigger, quite similar to how many RPG's work when the story develops.

TIA.

Domagoj Štrekelj

Mar 29, 2016, 10:36:58 AM3/29/16
to HaxeFlixel
Hello,

Personally I have never tried this on an RPG scale, but FlxSignal could help you out. It lets you subscribe functions to a certain signal, which you then dispatch (with data) to trigger subscribing functions.

It's use is described in the cheat sheet.

Domagoj