Infamous Hawkboard lite boot issues

Aviyeola

Apr 15, 2011, 5:27:08 AM4/15/11
to hawkboard
Does anybody have a stable kernel with usb keyboard and vga support?
No word from Innovate / TI for long. Should this board be thrown away
as nothing positive shows up??

Avinash

J T Dsouza

Apr 15, 2011, 2:30:19 PM4/15/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com, Aviyeola

I have junked this.

Aviyeola

Apr 16, 2011, 12:48:46 AM4/16/11
to hawkboard
Yeah thats only option

Bibs

Apr 19, 2011, 1:48:19 PM4/19/11
to hawkboard
I feel innovate should call back the boards and refund the cost of the
board. Thats what I expect from a loyal business organization..... I
have made up my mind not to purchase anything through Innovate(if they
are not planning for a refund or resolution)......I am really
surprised how Innovate can market a product without proper
testing.....This issue can be easily identified during the bootup
itself......

Ravi Shankar R

Apr 20, 2011, 1:45:59 AM4/20/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com

I spoke to Innovate last week and they said that the problem is resolved by doing the rework they suggested (remember, removing the ferrite beed and shorting.....  can refer to the old threads in this forum) and they have released the new kernel image that has changes specific to the Hawkboard lite. With these changes they say that they had fixed the kernel boot issues. I don't know if somebody has really done this and successful in doing so?

BTW, they said the board recall program is over. Now they charge for doing the above mentioned changes.

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Shankar R

Apr 21, 2011, 3:00:42 AM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Did they shared the sources of the working images? If so do anybody had the pointers to the links?

Thanks,
Ravi

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Aviyeola <aviy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah the solution works with provided kernel and fs images only. Try
anything else and it doesnt boot.

Avinash

On Apr 20, 10:45 am, Ravi Shankar R <ravishankar.ran...@gmail.com>

Aviyeola

orlandojperdomo

Apr 21, 2011, 9:57:27 AM4/21/11
to hawkboard
So where are the images that work?

And by work I don't just mean boot but actually stay up.

The fix that involves the ferrite beeds does help, and changing the
uboot DDR controller settings to a low drive setting also helps but
even with both fixes the board crashes randomly within a few minutes.

So again where are the new images. And if that is all it takes, how
come they are working on a new hardware spin of the board?

J T Dsouza

Apr 21, 2011, 12:10:12 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Just forget it and get on with life. Innovate systems are dishonest to say the least.
Unless you plan to slap them with a law suit, you are wasting your time.

BTW does any one know of design running with the L138, just to know that we are not burning the wrong guys at the stake.

Huy Pham

Apr 21, 2011, 12:53:04 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
I have shipped millions of units - there are software defined radios, communication gateways, medical products, audio receivers etc that are using the OMAP-L138 product.

Jackman

Apr 21, 2011, 1:04:37 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Pham: Do you have a website/catalog?

--
Andrew Jackman
kd7...@gmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not

Todd Fischer

Apr 21, 2011, 1:23:33 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com

Huy Pham

Apr 21, 2011, 2:55:45 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Jackman, sorry, no catalog, I work for TI.

Thanks Todd.

David Beck

Apr 21, 2011, 3:03:38 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy with my hawkboards. I have 4 boards from the older series and very happy with them. It's sad what happened after the change in terms of quality and support. I did have a plan to build a product on this board, but after reading the list I changed my plan.

David

Jackman

Apr 21, 2011, 3:24:37 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
I was also looking at deploying a few boards in the field, but the
lack of availability of first generation boards (which I love) sent me
in other directions.

While we're being nostalgic, what's the consensus on the OMAP for
Dummies book? Is it recommended or is there a better, more worthwhile
reference available?

Bill Traynor

Apr 21, 2011, 3:55:26 PM4/21/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 15:24, Jackman <kd7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was also looking at deploying a few boards in the field, but the
> lack of availability of first generation boards (which I love) sent me
> in other directions.
>
> While we're being nostalgic, what's the consensus on the OMAP for
> Dummies book?  Is it recommended or is there a better, more worthwhile
> reference available?

Given that OMAP for Dummies is free, you can't really go wrong with
it. It's a great starter book.

robstoddard

Apr 22, 2011, 8:49:00 AM4/22/11
to hawkboard
Yes, I have one hawkboard and it is SOLID. It works great. Never
had a glitch or a hiccup while it was running.

Rob

On Apr 21, 12:03 pm, David Beck <db...@beckground.hu> wrote:
> [...]
> >>     > > > I feel innovate should call back the boards and refund the
> >>     cost of the
> >>     > > > board. Thats what I expect from a loyal business
> >>     organization..... I
> >>     > > > have made up my mind not to purchase anything through
> >>     Innovate(if they
> >>     > > > are not planning for a refund or resolution)......I am really
> >>     > > > surprised how Innovate can market a product without proper
> >>     > > > testing.....This issue can be easily identified during the
> >>     bootup
> >>     > > > itself......
>
> >>     > > > On Apr 16, 9:48 am, Aviyeola <aviye...@gmail.com
> >>     <mailto:aviye...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >>     > > > > Yeah thats only option
>
> >>     > > > > On Apr 15, 11:30 pm, J T Dsouza <jtd1...@gmail.com
> >>     <mailto:jtd1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >>     > > > > > On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Aviyeola

Deepak Narayan

Apr 23, 2011, 8:13:12 AM4/23/11
to hawkboard
Innovate is totally hopeless. They had once asked me 135 USD per hour
to get
a bit damaged(jumper damage) hawkboard serviced. I have no clue how a
company can exist
with such an attitude towards customer support..

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Manjunath.P
<man...@innovatesolutions.net> wrote:
Hawk board support system is based on community. In case you need
priority support kindly buy the support package from us.

Your investment will be rs.6000 plus tax for 1hour. Minimum package
should be 5hours
Regards,
Manjunath.P
Innovate Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
Mobile:+8088867826
www.innovatesolutions.net

Aviyeola

Jun 17, 2011, 7:00:04 AM6/17/11
to hawkboard
Hi All.
I've got successfull ubuntu jaunty with LXDE boot on hawk lite. USb
keyboard works but no mouse support. Using kernel uImage_v1/ V3 V3 has
better resolution support and rootfs generated with rootstock. Using
SDCR - 0x174632 and DRPYCIR - 0x45 along with other values from wiki
page.
Anybody willing to test ???
Thanks
Avinash

Dr. Mokhtar Shokry Abou El Asaad

Jun 17, 2011, 2:57:51 PM6/17/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please kindly not to write to this e-mail address in future. Thank you.