problem with serial

Badri Narayanan@nithin

Nov 2, 2011, 1:59:08 AM11/2/11
to hawkboard
hi i have bought a hawkboard a year back and wasnt using it. Jus
started with it.When i power my hawkboard, the hawkboard logo is
getting displayed on the monitor but when i connect a
null(serial)cable I am not getting any messages in my
hyperterminal.Does it means my hawkboard is not loaded with uboot?even
i tried following the procedure of uboot over uart,and I am getting
the error,Read Error,Read Invalid BootMe ! pls help me out.!

Frog Twissell

Nov 2, 2011, 4:22:30 AM11/2/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Well Narayanan, quite a lot has happened in the last 12 months. If you look back through the group's history you'll see the details. In summary, you may be lucky and have an early board, but if it's from the second (and final) run then it won't work. The manufacturers have gone from outright denial to total silence, so the Hawkboard project is essentially dead.

Cheers,
Frog

Badri Narayanan@nithin

Nov 2, 2011, 5:44:20 AM11/2/11
to hawkboard
Hmm Thanks for your info. So no way of getting help from the forum?

On Nov 2, 1:22 pm, Frog Twissell <f...@blueskysolutions.co.nz> wrote:
> Well Narayanan, quite a lot has happened in the last 12 months.  If you look back through the group's history you'll see the details.  In summary, you may be lucky and have an early board, but if it's from the second (and final) run then it won't work.  The manufacturers have gone from outright denial to total silence, so the Hawkboard project is essentially dead.
>
> Cheers,
>   Frog

Frog Twissell

Nov 2, 2011, 2:26:57 PM11/2/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
You may get a little help but I think that there are very few people still working with this device (and many disgruntled ex-developers). Good luck.

Cheers,
Frog

Viral Sachde

Nov 4, 2011, 1:37:18 PM11/4/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Badri,

Just check which batch is your Hawkboard from. If it's from batch one, it should work out well. Read: http://elinux.org/Hawkboard#Common_Issues
If you are seeing hawkboard logo on VGA, ur board might be ok, just check cable/config/connection.

Viral
--
Please try your skills at http://www.freerice.com/index.php

badri narayanan

Nov 5, 2011, 4:46:05 PM11/5/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
hi viral,
        cable and config seems ok.I even tried for the procedure of putting u-boot as given in elinux using TI's UartHost.exe software.But its waiting for BOOTME, and displays the error as Invalid BootMe received and is aborted.

--
Badri Narayanan@Nithin

Viral Sachde

Nov 10, 2011, 7:59:11 AM11/10/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Can you post you console output when you power on ?

Viral

Nikhil Varghese

Nov 10, 2011, 1:12:50 PM11/10/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
http://www.armlinuxpro.com/
--
With,
Thanks and Regards

Bill Traynor

Nov 10, 2011, 1:26:30 PM11/10/11
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
No offense, but the last thing the ARM community needs is another repository for knowledge.  It's hard enough to find good answers as it is.  And the Beagleboard community mailing list and IRC is extremely active already, why would anyone from there post on a new forum?

Badri Narayanan@nithin

Nov 11, 2011, 8:30:36 AM11/11/11
to hawkboard
whenever i connect my board, my tx led is blinking for sometime and
'nothing' is getting displayed on my cutecom and also the hawkboard
logo comes on the monitor. my serial settings are as per in the elinux
hawkboard site. Will there be any probability that the serial chip
might have got damaged?? I also tried hyperterminal the result is
same..I even tried recovery of u-boot, it shows the message as
'Invalid Boot Me received' and is getting aborted.Kindly help
me.Thanks!