Optimize bootup speed/time

R. Staven

Jun 10, 2011, 5:24:41 AM6/10/11
to hawkboard
Hi,

(Using linux-omapl1_ver1 kernel)

There are some things in the bootup that takes a bit long,
" * Setting preliminary keymap... " halts for quite some time
" * Setting up console font and keymap... " also waits for quite a
bit.

I'm new to optimizing the bootup in linux - and prob have a lot to
learn by using Google - but usually such tings take some time, and
need adaptation to the hawkboard kernel.

So for a quick improvement (To test my system behavior I need to do
quite some reboots, so shaving of some seconds, if only a few, will
help) :

- Has anyone done any optimizing of the bootup (I need serial console,
network (SSH) and USB working)?
Anything from actual code, what to disable in config, tips, web links
etc. are welcome.

br,
Robert Staven

itisravi